AVRs Devine-Wright in top five at Otter Rail and River Run
- Credit: Archant
Justin and Lynn Sloman completed The Blackdown Beauty 18’ish mile social run on Saturday, writes Dave Mutter.
This was the longest distance Lynn had ever run and she did really well to complete the whole distance.
The weather gave perfect running conditions and the cream tea was fantastic.
Also on Saturday two AVR’s ran the Otter Vale Rail and River run 10k race at Tipton St John. Rain had been forecast later on but fortunately it was a pleasant, warm and sunny morning for the 141 runners and the many spectators.
The 10k race was won by SWWR James Reeves. Not too far behind in fourth spot was AVR’s Patrick Divine-Wright in an impressive time of 38:38.
You may also want to watch:
Our other AVR competitor was Eleanor Wood who finished 27th in 45:51, winning the ladies over 50 award.
Many thanks must go to Jo Earlam and the Tipton St John playing field association, along with the help of Sidmouth RC for putting on such an enjoyable and reasonably flat road, track and field’s race.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
As it is such a good race, it would be nice to see a few more AVR’s participating next year as they would really enjoy this scenic run.
There is also a junior fun run for youngsters.