AVRs Ellie Dominey is third lady at the Bedford Autodrome Sprint Duathlon
- Credit: Archant
Ellie Dominey took part in the Bedford Autodrome Sprint Duathlon which was a qualifying event for the European Duathlon Championships, writes Dave Mutter.
The championships will take place in Punta Umbria, southern Spain, in March 2020.
The weather conditions on the day were heavy rain and gusting winds and this was her first experience at a draft legal race.
Ellie found herself working on the bike with the girl who finished in second place overall and two seconds ahead.
She was a better runner but Ellie was the stronger biker and the tactical error she made was towing her round on the bike for her to then out-sprint her in the finish funnel of the run!
You may also want to watch:
She finished as third lady overall, just 7 seconds behind the overall winner (top three ladies all in a sprint finish together!) and won her age category so secured automatic qualification for the GB team for the Euro champs.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding