AVRs Fran Hodson in podium finish at the Stourhead Megasprint Tri
- Credit: Archant
AVR duo Fran and Karl Hodson competed in the Stourhead Megasprint Tri, held on Saturday evening, writes Dave Mutter.
The event takes place across a 900 metre swim, and 18 mile bike race and finally a 4.5mile run.
The swim element took place in a cold and smelly lake and Fran came out of the water as the first lady and seventh overall.
Karl came in towards the pontoon where he engulfed a huge amount of lake water finishing towards the back end of the field!
After transition Fran was second lady on the bike start and was informed by marshals she was still second lady at check points.
You may also want to watch:
Karl made good time up on the bike and finished with the 27th fastest bike split. Fran left transition two with Karl only seconds behind her, a few hundred meters in to the run Karl passed Fran and both dug in for the 4.5 miles to the finish.
Frans first triathlon saw her finish on the podium for being the third female overall and she was also first in her age group and 48th overall.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Karl, despite his hatred of swimming - and drinking a stale dark pint of lake water - finished 37th and sixth in his age group.