AVRs Gill Day completes here first triathlon
- Credit: Archant
Gill Day did well to complete her first triathlon at the novice distance of the Exe Valley Triathlon finishing 52nd out of 66 and times were swim time 7:03, bike 47:04, run 20:40 so 1:17:42 overall, writes Dave Mutter.
Jonathan Day did the sprint distance, finishing 59th out of 273 with swim time of 10:12, bike 43:54, run 19:51; overall, 1:16:22.
Wayne Trump also did the sprint distance, finishing 66th with swim time of 8:33, bike, 45:13; run, 20:52; overall, 1:17:06.
Cliff Marriott went to Bath for the Two Tunnels 10K which was an out and back that includes two tunnels totalling almost a mile and a half!
Half the race was in the dark and slightly springy under foot. He completed the race in a time of 47:54.
You may also want to watch:
Two AVR's made the short trip to Cotley House near Chard for the sixth staging of the Wambrook Waddle, a hilly 10k off-road race run entirely on private land.
The race was won by Matthew Lunsby in 44:33. Alan Morbey was 29th overall out of 84 in 58:07, second MV60 with Margaret Pearce close behind, finishing 37th in 1:00:02, second F45.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope