AVRs Morbey runs well at Torbay Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Last Sunday three AVR’s made the early morning journey down to Paignton for the 9am start of the Torbay Half Marathon, writes Dave Mutter.
With over 2200 entrants, the start line was more than a little congested, but the runners were soon in their stride on the two lap course to Torquay and back.
Alan Morbey was the first AVR home in 1:53:21.
Keith Agland only started running when a work mate at Pecorama died recently aged 47 from cancer so he decided to run and raise money for Macmillan Cancer and completed in 2:02:05, with Gavin Warren taking 2:12:00.
Running in their first ever half marathons, both Keith and Alan were delighted with their times.
You may also want to watch:
Many thanks to Torbay AC for staging such a well organised event.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery