AVRs Richard Jackson takes on the Stour Valley Path 50km Ultra Run
- Credit: Archant
AVR member Richard Jackson ran the Stour Valley Path 50km Ultra Run that started at Quay Lane, Sudbury and finished in Cattawade, a village near Manningtree (Essex), writes Dave Mutter.
Normal mass races can’t take place at the moment, but the organisers had a cunning plan to keep to social distancing guidelines.
There was a rolling start of no more than six persons that set off at a minimum of three-minute intervals over a period of two hours.
Richard had a great first 15 miles and was fifth at that point.
Unfortunately, his injured knee started playing up and he slowed significantly later in the race to finish 113th out of 180 finishers in 6:54:54.
You may also want to watch:
He was a tad disappointed as although it was a long race, most of the runners were not used to hills, Richard was running them with ease only to be thwarted by injury.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors