Awliscombe see off Hatherleigh with three second half goals
- Credit: Archant
Awliscombe 3, Hatherleigh Town 0 Three second half goals saw the Awls to their first win since December 8 as they comprehensively defeated the North Devon visitors.
Martin Wilmington, Luke Hugo and Alistair Bartlett scored the goals that ended a miserable sequence of four straight defeats since that early December win over Beer Albion Reserves.
Bill Jabowski was inspirational in central midfield for the Awls whilst keeper Mark Russell was richly deserving of his clean sheet.
Boss Bruce Knight said: “It’s good to be back to wining ways. We have not had the rub of the green in recent matches and, whilst we have not been doing much wrong in terms of our general play, we have let ourselves down with poor finishing when opposing teams have been there for the taking. Hopefully this result will kick-start a decent run for us.”
Awliscombe sit fifth and are just two points off a Division Five promotion berth.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday they travel to fourth bottom Lapford.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis