Awliscombe Short Mat Bowls Club trophy double for Brian Marshall
- Credit: Archant
Awliscombe Short Mat Bowls Club (ASMBC) held their annual dinner and prize giving at the Hare & Hounds Inn.
It was a well-attended function at which club members and their partners enjoyed a splendid luncheon after which prizes were awarded for the club competitions during the past year.
In terms of the awards; The Reg Parrish Trophy was presented to winner David Chippington while the runners-up trophy went to Malcolm Adams. Kelvin Briscoe won the Wicked Wicker and Alan Breens the Merit Award.
The Mixed Pairs winners trophy went to
Bridget Hallowes and Brian Marshall while the runners-up trophy for the pairs went to Kelvin Briscoe and Kay Aadams.
You may also want to watch:
June Elliott received the ladies singles trophy with the runners-up award going to Sue Marshall and, last but not least, the men's singles winners trophy was presented to Brian Marshall with Barry Sharp receiving the runners-up trophy.
Awliscombe Short Mat Bowls Club meet each Wednesday afternoon at 2pm and each Wednesday evening at 7pm at Awliscombe Village Hall.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Currently, a number of friendly matches are being arranged with surrounding East Devon villages as a social event during which a fine supper is enjoyed by all.