Awliscombe slip to rare loss at Clyst Valley
Clyst Valley 2, Awliscombe 1 The Awls were beaten for only the third time this league season, but results elsewhere meant not too much damage was done to their Division Five promotion challenge.
Given the game was the team’s first outing since early December an element of lack of matches was evident in the performance against a side that began the day sitting sixth from bottom.
Whilst the Awls were going down on the outskirts of Exeter second in the table Hatherleigh were drawing with hosts Topsham and third placed Countess Wear Dynamos were losing at home to second bottom Uplowman!
On Saturday Awliscombe face the ultimate challenge as they entertain table topping Cheriton Fitzpaine who defeated them 2-0 when the sides met in Mid Devon back in October.
The Cherries have won 12 of their 13 league games this season, but they have been beaten on their travels, losing at Sampford Peverell before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
With the Awls unbeaten at home this season Greenway Lane could be a place to watch a cracking game this coming Saturday (3pm).
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners