Axe Cliff Adams Cup victory for Geoff Greenslade
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men contested the Adams Cup.
The format was bogey and first place went to Geoff Greenslade with a plus three score.
Edged into second after countback over the back nine, was Mike Wickens (plus three) with Alex Todd (plus one) taking third.
There were two twos recorded by Stuart Mackie and Paul Clode.
The Axe Cliff men also played for the Haven Cup and here the format was pairs, texas scramble stableford.
You may also want to watch:
With such a small field competing, owing to county matches, just a first prize was awarded and this went to the pairing of Steve Anning and A Morgan with 66 points.
There were four twos recorded by Alan Morgan/Steve Anning, Alan Cooper/Richard Gibbons, Pete Northcott/Jimmy Matthews and Nigel Pritchard/Stuart Mackie.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
The June Medal saw a Division One success for Richard Gibbons with a nett 68.
Second (on the back nine) was Alex Gabb (68) and Alan Kenworthy took third place with a nett 69.
Division Two was won by John Potter (nett 67) with Steve Anning (70) second and third (on the back nine) was Tom Spencer (70).
There were four twos, with Alan Kenworthy achieving this feat twice. The others were score d by Lewis Cottam and Geoff Greenslade.
The Axe Cliff ladies’ contested the Killard Levy format Foursomes and first place went to Helen Kenworthy and Bee Sammons with Janet Dack and Alison Cook second. Third place was decided over the back nine, and this went to Sandra Walker and Barbara Cummins.
Alongside this event was a stableford and it was won by Jill Wellington with Margarte Kenchington second.
The ladies then played the Centenary Niblick which was won by Barbara Cummings with Caroline Bond second and Glenda Board third. The Rabbit Trophy, played for by players with handicaps of over 30, was won by Janet Dack.