Axe Cliff April Stableford success for Morgan
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section were busy last week as they played three competitions, writes Pete Motson.
They played their April Stableford which was won by D Morgan with 28 points.
The battle for the runners-up spot was close with Jin Hong ultimately taking the honours with his score of 27 points including a two.
Another Stableford match was contested and this one was won by Simon Matthews with a score of 40 points.
Richard Gibbons took second place with 38 points and third was Nigel Pritchard with 34.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Morgan recorded the only two.
The Seve Trophy, played in teams of three with two stableford best scores to count, was won by Alan Kenworthy, Bill Kitchen and Paul Curtin with 72 points.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
It was another of those Axe Cliff close encounters for the runners-up of Stuart Mackie, Nigel Pritchard and Alan Morgan, also scored 72 points.
Amongst some excellent golf that was played there were three twos scored Paul Clode, Ian Burraston and Craig Trivett.
Meanwhile, the Axe Cliff ladies played their re-arranged Bring and Win Stableford competition.
This involves the use of only six clubs and a putter and the winner, with a score of 39 points, was Pauline Willis.
Jill Wellington took second 36 points and third was, Anne Jarvos with 34 points.
The Ladies also played a friendly 4-ball Better Ball match against Bridport ladies in a match that ended all square. Helen Gaudie, Stella Thompson, Bee Sammons were the Axe Cliff winners.
Unfortunately, the Axe Cliff seniors had their competition was rained off.