Axe Cliff April stableford success for Stuart Mackie
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section’s April Stableford competition proved to a be close contest, writes Pete Motson.
It went to countback before the winner was determined as being Stuart Mackie with 37 points, edging David Morgan, who had the same score, into second place.
In the Easter Bowl competition, played with a medal format, was also won on countback with Alan Morgan taking the honours with a nett 68, edging Alan Kenworthy into second place and third was Gerry Binmore with a net 69.
The ladies section played the second medal competition of the their year and this was combined with the Centenary Cup, the start of the summer eclectic and the first round of the Freddie Newbery putting competition – lots to play for!
The course was in beautiful condition and the weather was fine if a little breezy and, the competition was very closely fought.
You may also want to watch:
First place was taken by Margaret Kenchington with a nett 76 and, second, a shot back with a nett 77,m was lady captain Jo Donmall. Third place was bagged by Jill Wellington on countback, edging Helen Kenworthy into fourth spot.
On Friday, Barbara Cummings and Jill Wellington played the first round of the County Inter Club Doris Wills Foursomes at Sidmouth against East Devon and had a convincing win to go through to the next round.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon