Axe Cliff April stableford success for Vincent
- Credit: Archant
In fine spring conditions the 29 seniors competing in the April Stableford found the going hard, writes Helen Kenworthy.
Two players scored 35 points with the winner decided on countback, leaving Alan Vincent (17) edging out Nick Stanton (22) for the top honour.
Third spot went to Mick Tomes (17) with 33 points, again on countback from Phil Christmas (24), the player to miss out on the prizes. There were three twos with those recorded by Terry Jessup, Phil Christmas and Alan Vincent.
The men’s section battled the elements to play the East Bowl Trophy and The County Golfer Challenge 2014 sponsored by The Brittany Ferries Golf Desk.
There were very few cards returned, in both events the winner was Craig Trivett with a nett 77.
You may also want to watch:
Second place was claimed by Simon Palmer (on back nine) with a nett 78 and third went to Chris Glover, again nett 78.
There were no two’s carded.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts