Axe Cliff Byrt Trophy triumph for Steve Baker and Tristian Wakeley
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff men contested the Byrt Trophy, writes Pete Motson.
This is a competition in which an Axe Cliff member invites a member from another club to play with him in the stableford format competition, off seven-eighths of handicap and the trophy ends up with the best pair while there is also a prize for the best home and the best away individual scores.
Seventy-three points provided the winning score with that the return of Steve Baker together with Lyme Regis golfer Tristian Wakeley.
Second, with 66 points, were the pairing of Alan Kenworthy and Dainton Park player Bill Kitchen and third were Jason Farrant, playing with Cricket St Thomas player Mark Ward with their score of 65 points.
The best home player was Nigel Pritchard with 36 points and the best away score was the 34 points from Steve Bull.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Farrant, Nigel Pritchard and Alan Kenworthy, were the three players to card a two across a terrific day of golf.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott