Axe Cliff captain introduces new competion - and is part of the winning team.
- Credit: Archant
Over 30 seniors took part in a new Axe Cliff competition introduced by captain Rob Grove, writes Helen Kenworthy.
It was contested by teams of three on a stableford format, with one score per team being recorded on the card on the par five’s, two scores on par four’s and all three scores on the par three’s.
In a closely contested game two teams scored 73 points and the winners, on countback, were Dave Weston, Bill Polley and Rob Grove.
Second place went to Phil Christmas, Geoff Hubbard and John White. Third, with 70 points were Rob Heard, Hugh Willis and Mick Tomes.
There was just the one two scored, that by John Mant.
You may also want to watch:
The Axe Cliff men’s section played their May medal match on the first Sunday of the month and in Division One it was Chris Glover who claimed the honours with a nett 67. Second, with a nett 72, was Stuart Mackie. In Division Two top spot went Peter Petherbridge with a nett 72 whilst second, with nett 74, was Dave Morgan. There were three twos scored by Stuart Mackie, Chris Glover and Dave Morgan.
The ladies’ played an EG Medal and the Centenary Cup last Wednesday and it proved a successful day for winner Sandra Walker with the minor placings taken by Helen Kenworthy and Margaret Kenchington.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
The first Sunday of May also Axe Cliff stage a first round tie in the Devon County Palariet Cup. It resulted in a 4-1 success for Budleigh Town over Padbrook Park.