Axe Cliff Covid 19 Cup success for Steve and Caroline Bond
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff lady captain Barbara Cummings organised, over the last two Wednesday’s, what will be known as the Covid 19 Cup, writes Dave Bruce.
The format chosen was two rounds of better-ball.
All the ladies took part and there was a little help from the senior section for any lady needing a partner.
I am however, surprised that it appears that it was the husband and wife pairings that did the best, this ‘despite’ Lockdown and the obvious ‘getting under each others feet all day’ syndrome that sits with us during this pandemic.
Back to the golf and the worthy winners were Steve and Caroline Bond with a fantastic score of 95 points.
You may also want to watch:
I am told that Caroline did the bulk of the scoring in the second round, chalking up no fewer than 50 points.
Steve did, however, set the tone for the day with a magnificent eagle two on the 224-yard par four first hole.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Knowing his chipping, he must have driven the green and missed all three surrounding bunkers before then sinking the putt.
The pair won two bottles of wine and the cup.
Another married couple, Anne and Tony Jarvis, were a very good second with 88 points and that saw them take the chocolates prize.
Each team was, sensibly, only allowed to win one prize which meant the Kenworthys won week one’s potted plant prize while former captain Jo Donmall and treasurer Bill Polley, took the golf socks and new balls respectively, for their week two success.