Axe Cliff Cup first round success for Stella Thompson
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff ladies played the May Medal and the first round of the Axe Cliff Cup, writes Pete Motson.
Weather conditions were not great with a cool NE wind. However, Stella Thompson played the best round by a long way, getting her handicap cut from 25 to 24 as she won with a nett 74.
Second place went to the nett 80 of Margaret Kenchington and third was Barbara Cummings with a nett 81, this on countback from Anne Jarvis who had to settle for fourth place.
On Friday, the Sheelah Creasy bronze ladies went to Stover for their away fixture.
It was a brisk and breezy day which seemed to whip up the Stover ladies into a very competitive mood and they were too strong for all but one of the Axe Cliff ladies and they lost the match six games to one.
You may also want to watch:
In a very eventful week, three Axe Cliff ladies travelled to Tavistock on Friday to compete in the first County Seniors Championships.
However, the wind blew up to such an extent resulting in trollies being blown over, balls blown off the green and it was almost impossible to stand still long enough to play the ball.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
Eventually the competition was abandoned as the course became unplayable.