Axe Cliff Dart Cup delight for Richard Gibbons
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff golfers contested both the Dart and Hazelwood Cups.
The Dart Cup is for Division One and the Hazelwood for Division Two.
The format is medal play and, after some terrific action it was Richard Gibbons who landed the Dart Cup with a nett 69. It was a close thing for the top honour though as Paul Curtin also carded a nett 69 and it was on countback over then back nine that sent Gibbons home with the trophy.
Alan Kenworthy took third place with a nett 72.
The Hazelwood Cup was won by Sam Greenslade with a nett 66 from John Potter in second with 67 and Neil Jones with 68 had to settle for third spot.
You may also want to watch:
There were four twos recorded by Mike Wickins, Jimmy Matthews, Simon Sweetland and John Potter.
The Axe Cliff ladies played their Flag competition with the format again being medal. The winner of this is the lady who takes the flag the furthest and this time round it was Margaret Kenchington who took the honours.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding