Axe Cliff Dart Cup delight for Richard Gibbons
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff golfers contested both the Dart and Hazelwood Cups.
The Dart Cup is for Division One and the Hazelwood for Division Two.
The format is medal play and, after some terrific action it was Richard Gibbons who landed the Dart Cup with a nett 69. It was a close thing for the top honour though as Paul Curtin also carded a nett 69 and it was on countback over then back nine that sent Gibbons home with the trophy.
Alan Kenworthy took third place with a nett 72.
The Hazelwood Cup was won by Sam Greenslade with a nett 66 from John Potter in second with 67 and Neil Jones with 68 had to settle for third spot.
You may also want to watch:
There were four twos recorded by Mike Wickins, Jimmy Matthews, Simon Sweetland and John Potter.
The Axe Cliff ladies played their Flag competition with the format again being medal. The winner of this is the lady who takes the flag the furthest and this time round it was Margaret Kenchington who took the honours.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts