Axe Cliff duo part of team that wins Past Captain’s Bowmaker at Exeter
- Credit: Archant
The score of the winning team was 92 points.
In the latest ladies league match outing, they entertained Great Torrington and Axe Cliff secured four wins, one draw and just the one loss to claim an excellent nine to four-and-a-half success. This was certainly a very convincing way with which to finish their campaign.
In a midweek meeting, a few select ladies play their monthly medal and next
round towards the Axe Cliff Cup.
Despite the very dry conditions on the course, there was a very good score and a well fought close competition took place with Caroline Bond taking first place with a score of nett 68 – that will also lead to her having a handicap cut from 28 to 25.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Jo Donmall, with a nett 72 and Stella Thompson was third with her score of nett 73.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes