Axe Cliff Golf Club latest - success for Alex Todd in December medal meeting
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of pre-Christmas action at Axe Cliff Golf Club.
The men’s section played their December Medal. In Division One first place went to Alex Todd with a net 52. Countback over the back nine was used to determine the minor places with Paul Curtin edging out Chris Glover after both ended with net 66.
In Division Two a net 71 saw Steve Reed to victory and, once again, countback over the back nine was called into play to separate second placed Dave Morgan from Alan Morgan after both scored net 62.
There were seven twos scored by Dave Morgan, Mike Rymer, Sam Greenslade, Andrew Hellier, Stuart Mackie and Paul Curtin, the latter achieving the feat twice.
The Christmas Bowmaker was played under the format of a team of three stableford meeting with one score to count over the first nine, two to count on the second nine and all three to count on the final nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
Basil Dean, Jin Hong and Chris Glover took top spot with 78 points with second place, on 76 points, being the trio of Steve Reed, Mark Ward and Alex Palmer.
Three were two twos scored by Stuart Mackie and Paul Clode.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The Christmas Fayre format was a stableford with a shot gun start. There were some very good scored recorded, none more so that by Alex Palmer who took top spot with 41 points. A close second was Mark Ward (40) with Richard Gibbons (38), settling for third. There were four twos scored by Simon Wellington, Richard Gibbons, Mike Cottam and Jin Hong.
The Axe Cliff ladies played their Christmas stableford and it produced a win for Barbara Cummings with second place taken by Margaret Kenchington and third was Pauline Willis.