Axe Cliff greensome success for Strong and Kenchington
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff Golf Club held their seniors and ladies greensomes match last week, writes Pete Motson.
It turned out to be a fiercely fought competition resulting in some close scores.
In first place were Tony Strong and Margaret Kenchington with 33 points. A close second, just a point adrift, were the pairing of Rob Heard and Helen Kenworthy and only a further [point back, with 31, were Rob Grove and Jill Wellington. Fourth placed was claimed by Gilbert Cox and Janet Dack.
The ladies section played the first round of the Daily Mail Foursomes match against Lyme Regis.
Jill Wellington and Margaret Kenchington represented Axe Cliff and the contest, one played in the friendliest of spirits, ended with Jill and Margaret the eventual victors in a competitive encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Axe Cliff seniors section played their March Medal competition.
First place went to D Evans, playing off a handicap of 25, with a score of 68 points. A close second was 24 handicapper B Cook with a score of 69 points and a point further back, and third, was 15 handicapper N Garwood. L Morgan (21 handicap), also carded a score of 70 points to take fourth place.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
There were four twos scored by J Bannister, B Cook, C Walker and M Glass.