Axe Cliff Halloween success for Thompson and Rogers
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section played a Texas Scramble and the top spot was bagged by the trio of Richard Gibbons , Steve Anning and Simon Sweetland with a net 59.6, writes Pete Motson.
The mighty close runners-up were Nigel Pritchard, Stuart Mackie and Alan Morgan with a net 60.
The ladies’ played a Halloween fun competition which was contested in pairs, with scores to count on odds and one score to count on evens.
Each pair had a short piece of pink ribbon to use on greens; once on odds and once on evens, a longer piece of pink to use on fairway and longer again a piece of orange ribbon to be used anywhere, again once on odds and once on evens.
First place went to Stella Thompson and Di Rogers with an impressive 61 points. Second, with 53 points were Helen Kenworthy and Pauline Willis and third, with 52, were Jill Wellington and Danusia White.
You may also want to watch:
The seniors’ section played their medal competition in perfect weather conditions which was reflected in the close scoring.
The winner, on countback,, with a net score of 70 strokes, was Gilbert Cox who will now enjoy his handicap being reduced from 21 to 20.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Second was six handicapper Tony Strong – he also carded a net 70, and third was Alan Morgan with a net 71.
Dave Weston and Peter Hornsby both recorded a hole in two shots.