Axe Cliff Haven Cup victory for Greenslade and Palmer
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section played their Haven Cup competition last week, writes Pete Motson.
The format was pairs’ texas scramble, medal and first place was taken by the pairing of Geoff Greenslade and Alex Palmer.
Second were Richard Gibbons and Steve Anning. There were five twos scored with the players to record them being; Alan Morgan and Craig Trivett, Gavin Walker and Mike Chadwick, David Morgan and Alan Cooper, Richard Gibbons and Steve Anning plus, Paul Clode and Simon Sweetland.
Meanwhile the Axe Cliff ladies section played their June medal competition. The meeting was held in weather that threw up high winds and low temperatures – not ideal for golf by any stretch of the imagination!
However, there was some exceptional golf played and Helen Kenworthy came out on top with a score of nett 73. That score, playing off a handicap of seven, equals a par round!
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Bond was not far behind as she posted a nett 75 and two ladies’, Margaret Kenchington and Helen Gaudie, both carded a nett 77.
The Axe Cliff seniors were in fine form as they defeated visiting Honiton seniors by five-and-a-half to a half.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax