Axe Cliff ladies book Sheelah Creasy Bowl semi-final berth
- Credit: Archant
The weather has caused golfers plenty of angst this summer and last Wednesday was no exception for the Axe Cliff ladies, writes Pete Motson.
Persistent rain and windy conditions cause the cancellation of the ladies invitation day meeting.
However, conditions were much better for the Sheelah Creasy Bowl match against Tiverton Two, a contest that proved to be a closely fought one, played at Exeter Golf Club.
Axe Cliff were three up, and had lost two, but play was still on-going in two games, one of which went to the 20th hole before reaching a conclusion.
However, before that aforementioned ‘extended’ game, the seventh player for Axe Cliff returned to the clubhouse with a win and that all helped to seal success for the team.
You may also want to watch:
The Axe Cliff ladies will now play in the semi-finals of the competition at Libberton Golf Club in September when they will meet Fingle Glen for a place in this year’s final.
Given that the club only has 17 lady members in total, reaching the semi-finals of this competition really is quite an achievement.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption