Axe Cliff ladies Handicap Cup joy for Anne Jarvis
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff ladies contested their annual Handicap Cup in stroke play format, writes Dave Bruce.
Weather conditions were good and the scoring was excellent. Indeed, the CSS went down to 72, which is rare for a ladies competition and the top three players on the day were all subjected to handicap cuts as a result of their fine scoring.
Anne Jarvis, continued her good form to take first place with a nett 60 and that means a two shot handicap cut for her and she will now play off 23.
Sandra Walker took second with a nett 70, earning her a cut to 21 and Paula Heasman took third spot and a handicap cut to 30 following her score of nett 73.
Friday’s weather was much cooler and many had to wear extra clothing playing in The Ex Captains’ Cup arranged by present captain Barbara Cummings, who generously provided all
You may also want to watch:
with a drink, sandwiches and a gift.
Margaret Kenchington was the worthy winner with a good score of 34 points.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts