Axe Cliff ladies have a busy week of Shelagh Creasey matches
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff ladies’ were involved in three Shelagh Creasey matches recently, writes Pete Motson.
First up, at home to Stover, the players battled extremely warm temperatures, but it did not deter the Axe Cliff team as they recorded a four-and-three success.
Two days later they travelled to Yelverton where again the heat played a big part. Once again the Axe Cliff ladies battled valiantly on what was not an easy course to play and they slipped to a five-and-a-half to one-and-a-half reversal.
The third of the matches, all played with five days, was a visit Staddon Heights where the course was in great condition, but unfortunately the ladies’ were beaten five-and-a-half to one-and-a-half.
It all represented a tough week for the valiant team of ladies, some playing in all matches and they were then involved in the Mixed Open and also the Midsummer Madness competitions that week!
You may also want to watch:
Consequently they played four matches with only 20 ladies in the whole section!
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis