Axe Cliff Ladies’ Invitation Day joy for Jo Donmall and her two guests
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday was the Axe Cliff Ladies’ Invitation Day, writes Dave Bruce.
This is the meeting when each lady member invites two guests to play. There’s an interesting format to the day in as much as one score counts on the par five, two count on the par fours and all three count on the par threes.
There was also a raffle on the day and that raised over £100 for lady captain Caroline Bond’s charities this year, which are The Seaton Hospital League of Friends and Hospice Care at Home.
Caroline kindly provided drinks and cakes on the 11th, which was greatly appreciated by all who took part.
The majority got round in the dry and just had a healthy breeze to contend with, but a couple of teams got rather wet getting caught by a few late showers.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team comprised of the in-form Jo Donmall and her two guests, Lou Vassie and Julie Casper, who came in with an amazing score of 75 points.
Paula Heasman’s team were not far behind, taking second place with a score of 72 points, and Di Rogers’ team took third.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world
Di was the only lady to get her ball to stop on the par three 11th, which gave her the nearest the pin prize.
Nearest the line on the par five ninth hole was Alison Cooke for the home players and Lou Vassie for the guests. All enjoyed an excellent buffet when they came in and thanks go to Caroline for organising a great day together with her vice captain, Jill Wellington.