Axe Cliff ladies Par Cup win for Helen Kenworthy
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff ladies met in midweek to play for the Par Cup, writes Pete Motson.
Rain fell as they started, but thankfully soon gave way to mostly dry, but windy weather making the conditions especially on the back nine difficult as the final scores show.
The best score was one over par and the winner was Helen Kenworthy. In second place, with a three over par score, was Jill Wellington and Stella Thompson, with a five over par score, took third.
On Friday, Jill Wellington and Margaret Kenchington, Stella Thompson and Pauline Willis represented the club at the County Express and Echo foursomes competition at Torquay.
The weather stayed fine allowing the two teams to compete, but then it hailed and rained, so in fact the weather probably was the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Stella and Pauline were the better placed of the two pairs and they finished mid-table.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op