Axe Cliff ladies success for Jill Wellington
- Credit: Archant
Just before golf clubs were closed in light of the Covid-19 crisis lockdown, the Axe Cliff ladies played their annual Bring & Buy competition, writes Dave Bruce.
The ladies, gathering for what is likely to be the last time for the foreseeable future, enjoyed dry, but cool weather on the front nine, the strong breeze on the Jurassic side made life interesting.
Everyone had to bring a prize worth £5 and some wonderful bargains were obvious for all to see.
Jill Wellington, last year’s captain, was the overall winner with a fine 28 pts over 15 holes.
As a result she was able to make first choice of all the prizes available. The rest had to wait in line with their scores.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Donmall took second spot with 24 pts closely followed by Jo Hopgood with 23 pts.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery