Axe Cliff Ladies vets Bowl joy for Caroline Bond
- Credit: Archant
Caroline Bond was the winner of the Axe Cliff Vets Bowl and monthly Medal, writes Dave Bruce.
The two competitions were played together and Caroline returned a terrific score of nett 73.
Coming second to young Caroline was former county librarian Alison Cook with a a nett 79.
Over 50 ladies from across the South West attended Axe Cliff to contest the club's annual Ladies' Open meeting.
The weather was challenging with strong wind and some rain but that didn't stop everyone enjoying the day and excellent food and prizes presented in a warm clubhouse by Axe Cliff lady captain Jill Wellington, who was ably supported by her younger sister.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners were Dainton Park trio Louise Darke, Debbie Parsons and Jenny Rowe, who scored a fine 77 points.
The competition format was the best two scores to count on each hole and the winners edged the honours from runners-up Sandra Walker and her playing partners, Nina Hawkins and Sue Harrison from East Devon Golf Club.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Third place was taken by home players, the lovely Stella Thompson and Pauline Willis with able support from Pat Baldwin from Bridport.