Axe Cliff ladies win Shelagh Creasy tie at Tiverton
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff ladies were in good form as they won a Shelagh Creasy match at Tiverton, writes Pete Motson.
The ladies were winners with a final score of four-and-a-half to two-and-a-half.
In other news from the ladies section they had to battle wet weather, but there was some fine golf with just a couple of points separating the top three at the close as they contested the Express and Echo Foursomes qualifying competition which sees the top two pairings go forward to represent Axe Cliff at the finals being held at Torquay later in the year.
First place went to Jill Wellington and Margaret Kenchington with a score of 36 points.
Second were Stella Thompson and Pauline Willis with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
Third, and just missing out on the Torquay trip, were Helen Kenworthy and Glenda Board with their score of 34 points.
The final day of June saw the ladies play their last home league game when they entertained Wrangaton who they defeated 5-1, banking 10 points in the process.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
In addition, the reserve game was also won by Axe Cliff.