Axe Cliff ladies win well at Bigbury
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff ladies played away at Bigbury in a midweek Devon League match, writes Pete Motson.
The home side fielded a strong team which resulted in all the Axe Cliff ladies receiving shots.
Most of the matches were close affairs and the home club certainly made the visiting party very welcome.
The hosts also took the match honours thanks to a three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half score line. However, due to the competition scoring system vis-à-vis away points the final score was Axe Cliff seven-and-a-half to Bigbury’s seven.
The following day the ladies played the previously postponed (owing to inclement weather), captain versus secretary competition.
You may also want to watch:
The teams were drawn to play for either the captain of the secretary. With four pairings back in the clubhouse the overall score stood at 2-2.
This meant the final pairs out on the course would decide the winning team and it was the team representing the secretary that won! Well done, to Di Rogers and her team.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The winners from the captain’s side Jo Donmall and Janet Dack and for the winning team, Sandra Walker, Anne Jarvis and Glenda Board.
The first fixture of the Sheelah Creasy competition was held on Friday at Axe Cliff against Tiverton ladies.
Tiverton had brought a strong team and, with the weather at its glorious best, the Axe Cliff ladies rose to the occasion to win four-and-three.