Axe Cliff March medal success for Bill Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section played their March Medal meeting last week, writes Pete Motson.
It was a mighty close thing in Division One and countback was called into play to determine the winner. This left Bill Kitchen, with a net 70, taking first place, edging Gavin Walker, also a net 70, into second.
Division Two honours went to Stuart Dixon with a net 69 and he finished well ahead of the field with Nigel Pritchard the best of the rest with a net 73.
There was some impressive play all over the course with no fewer than five twos recorded. That honour fell to Alan Morgan, Craig Trivett, Mark Hubbard and Alan Kenworthy.
Meanwhile, the seniors’ section played the last leg of their Winter League competition with M Jamieson and R Bragg scoring 34 points to take first place after countback was again called into play! T Jessop and A Bishop were the pair edged into second place after they also carded 34 points and third, with 33 points, was the pairing of P Christmas and N Bowles with 33 pts.
You may also want to watch:
That left the overall winner of the Winter League, with a grand total of 214 points, being T Jessup and A Bishop. Second place went to J Hanna and P Hornsby with 199 points and third place was a close call with the 198 points accumulated by B Graham and C Walker seeing them get the nod.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon