Axe Cliff men land victory in annual seniors’ meeting with ladies
The annual match between the Axe Cliff ladies’ and the seniors for the Courtesy Cup took place on Monday, writes Janet Dack.
The seniors were the holders of the cup and the ladies made them fight all the way to retain it, the match ending in a thrilling draw at two-and-a-half all.
The winners for the ladies were Helen Gaudie and Margaret Kenchington and Alison Cook and Pauline Willis.
For the seniors the winners were John White and Malcolm Glass and Chris Walker and Hugh Willis while the drawn match was shared by Glenda Board and Janet Dack with Keith Wilson partnering Malcolm Reynolds
The winner of the McMillan Spoon competition, played as a stableford in extremely windy conditions, was Margaret Kenchington with 31 points.
You may also want to watch:
The runner-up was Barbara Cummings.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert