Axe Cliff men’s section success for trio
- Credit: Archant
Sunday gave the Axe Cliff men’s section the best of the weekend’s weather for golf, albeit not as warm as the previous weekend, writes Tristan Wakeley.
Competing in teams of three with the best two scores to count per hole playing stableford format, 11 teams took to the course.
The best of the others runners went to Steve Baker, Matt Coburn and Tristan Wakeley who returned with a level 72 points.
The pick of the bunch though came from Andrew Hellier, Anthony Hellier and Craig Trivett who returned with an excellent 77 points to take the honours that including two twos just to make the win even more profitable!
The wooden spoon place went to Steve Reed, Mike Cottam and Paul Clode who took the consolation mars bars home.
You may also want to watch:
The first Sunday of May will see the men’s section split between three events.
The first been the May medal at the club, the second a team venturing down to Teign Valley to compete for the Devon Palairet cup against The Warren and the third been the Clubs B team playing at Teign Valley as well.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The travelling teams welcome any supporters who would like to come and cheer them on.