Axe Cliff Price Cup success for Jo Donmall
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff ladies’ pairing of Jo Donmall and Jill Wellington played the final of the Price Cup, writes Pete Motson.
This was the summer match-play knockout, with the format being full handicap.
It was a very close encounter which went to the very last hole before Jo took the honours.
The ladies also played their Scratch and Handicap Cups, both stroke play competitions.
Helen Kenworthy won the Scratch Cup with a gross 84. Second was Glenda Board with a gross 95.
You may also want to watch:
Jill Wellington won the Handicap Cup with a very nice nett 73 and Helen Gaudie was second with a nett 76 on countback, from Di Rogers and Barbara Cummings.
Axe Cliff seniors played their August medal competition and it produced a win for ‘Mr Consistent’ Gilbert Cox, the 20-handicapper produced an excellent nett 68.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Second place had to be resolved by countback with 19-handicapper Adrian Bishop edging out Dave Weston, after both players scored nett 71s.