Axe Cliff senior section success for Heard and Sammons
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff senior section Winter League match played last week saw 15-handicapper R Heard and 26-handicapper D Sammons take first place with a score of 33 points, writes Pete Motson.
The runners-up were T Jessup (26 handicap) and A Bishop (23). The pair also scored 33 points, but countback saw them having to settle for the second spot.
Third place was shared by A Morgan (15) and J Hannah (21) with 30 points and M Swann (27) and W Polley (16) also with 30 points.
A brace of twos were recorded and scored by A Morgan and D Evans.
The seniors also contested their January medal last week and 21-handicapper John Hanna took top spot with a nett 73.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to Geoff Wake (13) with a nett 75 and third was Mick Swann (26) with a nett 76 – this despite taking 12 shots on one hole which did spoil his score card, but not his final score!
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott