Axe Cliff senior success for McGuire
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff seniors their November Medal competition on Friday and there was a good turnout for the meeting, writes Pete Motson.
It was 28-hanidcapper P McGuire who took the honours with a nett score of 69.
A close second was 20-handicapper R Heard with 70 and third place went to 20-handicapper L Morgan with 73.
R Bragg scored the only two of the day.
It is perhaps worthy of mention that then previous week’s ‘hole-in-one hero’ came crashing back to earth when, on the same hole he had fired the ball into off the tee – the eleventh – he took no fewer than nine shots – how the mighty do fall!
You may also want to watch:
Hard luck, Sid – we all recognise what a good player you are and this just underlines how chastening golf can be at times!
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott