Axe Cliff seniors end inter-club season on a winning note
The Axe Cliff seniors played their final inter-club match of the season against Wheathill and scraped home by the narrowest margins, writes Janet Dack.
The final score was three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half.
Fittingly the winning half point was secured by the captain, John White together with playing partner Mick Tomes.
However, at one stage in the match the visitors held a two point lead!
Fortunately the home tail wagged and all three final matches went the way of Axe Cliff.
You may also want to watch:
The winning pairings were Rob Grove and Iain Bain, Malcolm Glass and Jack Bannister and Chris Walker and David Weston.
Over the season the team has had its ups and downs, but the captain will be pleased that from a small pool of players the team won as many as they lost.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis