Axe Cliff seniors soundly beaten by visiting Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff seniors entertained Honiton at Axe Cliff, writes Pete Motson.
It turned out to be not the best of results for the home side as they were soundly beaten four-and-a-half to one-and-a-half.
The defeat is a first at home this season for Axe Cliff and came despite the fact that, on paper at least, they looked to have a strong side out for the fixture.
One thing in Honiton’s favour was that they were boosted by a strong contingent of players from the now defunct Padbrook Park Golf Club who knew our course well!
The only Axe Cliff win was bagged by Dave Bruce and Chris Walker, while the half was chalked up by Bill Polley and Pete Casey.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Axe Cliff will do better on the return match next month?
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring