Axe Cliff success for Strong in reasonable conditions with pin positions in tricky spots.
Despite reasonable conditions on Friday, but with pin positions in tricky spots scoring was not as good as expected at Axe Cliff, writes Helen Axworthy.
Only one competitor, the ultimate winner, Tony Strong (9) with 34 points showed it could be done.
Three players tied on 31 points and with places decided on countback, the runner-up was Dave Weston (19), third was John White (21). Sid Pember (20) was the unlucky player to miss out.
The stableford round was in aid of captain Rob Groves’s, charity - The British Heart Foundation - and the raffle raised £75.
There were four twos from John Pugh, John White, Tony Strong and Dave Weston In their first friendly match of the season Axe Cliff Seniors beat Windwhistle six matches to nil, as always these matches are played in good humour and the clubhouse buzzed with the banter, we are really looking forward to the rest of our matches, well done chaps - Long Sutton next.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s section the winner’s of the Winter League which is played over 12 rounds best 10 scores to count are Alan Kenworthy and Chris Glover with 333 points, second were Anthony Hellier and Andrew Hellier (330) and third were the pairing of Mike Cottam and Steve Reed with 328 points.
Last Wednesday the ladies played the County Prize (Bogey) Competition and first was Sandra Walker with Caroline Bond second and Glenda Board third.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Also last week a stableford bring and win was played and this was won by Glenda Board.
Helen Kenworthy took second place and Lesley Crawford was third.