Axe Cliff Tradesman Cup win for Burraston and Rymer
- Credit: Archant
Axe Cliff men contested the Tradesman Cup, writes Pete Motson.
The format was medal, in pairs as foursomes. It proved to be a close contest with count back used to decide the winners and so it was, that a better back nine for Ian Burraston and Mike Rymer, gave them first place with their score of nett 75 matched by the runners-up, Chris Glover and Steve Reed.
Three twos were recorded and scored by the pairings of Alan Cooper and Dave Morgan, Chris Alexander and Kevin Miller and also Alan Kenworthy and Geoff Greenslade.
The men also contested the Steve Trophy, with the format being bogey and first place went to Paul Clode with his score of plus three.
Countback was called into play to determine the minor places with a better back nine seeing Andrew Hellier (plus one), placed second and Theo Balch (plus one), taking third.
You may also want to watch:
There were five twos recorded. Anthony Hellier bagged a brace of them and the others were scored by Andrew Hellier, Paul Clode and Theo Boalch.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op