Axe Cliff Winter League joy for Nigel Pritchard
- Credit: Archant
Across the last two weeks of November, in what were challenging conditions, the Axe Cliff men played the third round of the Winter League, writes Dave Bruce.
Playing in bogey format, Nigel Pritchard was a deserved winner with a score of plus six. He was closely followed by Steve Anning (on the back nine) with a score of plus three.
In third spot came young Harvey Gibbons.
Twos were plentiful with Steve Reed, Alan Morgan, Jason Webber and Ian Burraston all scoring one each.
The Tradesman Cup, with an interesting medal foursomes, was strongly competed for and won by Alan Kenworthy and Steve Baker, who were much fancied, with a net 65.5.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s captain, Steve Anning, playing with Simon Sweetland, took second spot with net 69.5.
There were just a brace of twos, scored by the pairings of Nigel Pritchard/Stuart Mackie and Andy Moore/Alan Morgan.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone