Axe Vale Canoe Club opening their doors on the final Saturday of May
Axe Vale Canoe Club are opening their doors to potential new recruits to the world of canoeing and kayaking, writes Alexa Baker.
The club is to run an open starter session on Saturday (May 31) as part of the Canoe England Go Canoeing scheme.
The event begins at 9.30am and runs until noon and the session is open to anyone wanting to try kayaking or canoeing (age from about 11 upwards) and will be run at Axe Vale Canoe Club.
The location of the club is EX12 4AA.
The idea is to get people paddling on the Axe Estuary with a broader plan to switch to the sea if the weather permits.
You may also want to watch:
All equipment will be provided and all that participants will need is to arrive for the session with a spare set of clothes and a drink. A charge of £10 per head applies to cover usage of equipment and facilities and people wishing to participate should pre-register with Gill Hamlett - email@example.com or by phone on 07712 781059.
It is recommended that with only limited spaces for this particular event early booking is advisable.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The club plans to run another taster session on July 19 as part of the Natural Seaton Festival.