Axe Valley Academy Under-14s book semi-final berth after West Exe win
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Valley Academy U14 boys’ rugby team played West Exe School in the Exeter and East Devon Rugby Plate Cup quarter-finals and won a pulsating contest 34-27.
The Exeter side were the more powerful in the first half and held a lead at the break.
However, in the second half Axe Valley found a new gear and, led by some powerful play from Yannnick Barrett and Beck Finnemore, managed to get themselves back into the contest.
Amongst their try scorers was year eight pupil Theo Sauter and Axe Valley will now meet Honiton College in the last four of the competition.
Tony Davies, Axe Valley Academy coach, said: “This really was a fantastic achievement for the team. I was so proud of their positive attitude, which resulted in a very deserving win. I am looking forward to the match against Honiton already!”
You may also want to watch:
The Axe Valley Under-14 squad comprises: Joe Richardson, James Lacey, Tobias Akeroyd, Miles Akeroyd, Sam Searle, Jack Moore, Ben Price, Will Grogan, Billy Gait, Finlay Livings, Beck Finnemore, Yannick Barrett, Harry Lawrence, Coby Patch (yr8), Theo Sauter Stone (yr8).
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert