Axe Yacht Club all set for Open Day event on May 20
- Credit: Archant
Axe Yacht Club (AYC) is holding an Open Day on Saturday, May 20, as part of the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) ‘Push the Boat Out’ week, writes Amanda Parker.
This initiative aims to help more people get involved in water sports in their local area. AYC promotes and facilitates a range of water sports including dinghy sailing, cruiser sailing, motor boating and angling.
Following very successful Open Days in 2015 and 2016, AYC has seen a rapid expansion in the number of adults and children getting involved in dinghy sailing at the club.
A £10,000 Sport England grant awarded in 2016 has been put to very good use, with investment in new boats and equipment.
AYC is already an RYA recognised training centre for powerboat training and several shore-based courses. With the increased interest in dinghy sailing, the club is hoping to gain recognition to run RYA certificated dinghy sailing courses in the very near future.
You may also want to watch:
At the Open Day you can take a tour around the boatyard and clubhouse, talk to owners of dinghies, cruisers and motorboats, and maybe try a taster sail (pre-booking essential for a taster sail).
For more details see the AYC website www.axeyachtclub.co.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners