Axe Yacht Club Regatta Western Counties Bowl success once more for David Mettam
- Credit: Archant
The good weather resulted in an excellent turn out for Axe Yacht Club’s (AYC) annual regatta held last weekend, writes Amanda Parker.
Boats from Lyme Regis SC (LRSC) and Beer SC joined AYC members in the dinghy and cruiser series of races over two days.
In the dinghy fast handicap class, Dan Alsop from LRSC showed the younger competitors how it should be done, winning all four races in his Merlin Rocket.
The slow handicap class was won by AYC cadets’ Rosie and Susie Sheahan, who demonstrated the skills they have learned training with the RYA SW Zone Feva squad.
In the cruiser series of two races, David Mettam took the Western Counties Bowl yet again with a first place and a second.
You may also want to watch:
However, Roy Macfarlane just missed a secon place in the first race, losing to LRSC’s Rob Wiscombe by just 29 seconds on handicap, but was delighted with his win in the second race.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery