Axminster bowlers end season on a high
The Axminster outdoor bowls season ended on a high note, writes David Harris.
The team defeated visiting Taunton 74-44 to put to bed a miserable run of results!
There were wins for Alan Brown, Chris Todd, David Harris, and Brian Clark (24-4), Pam Clark, Ken Quick, Derek Phebey, and Bob Sherborne (17-8), and Mo Brown, Pam Hunter, Les Clark, and Tony Cable (21-15).
Prior to this game Axminster had gone down heavily at Severalls (49-101) with only Alan Brown, Ken Quick, and Ann Clayton (22-20) managing a win.
Away at Lyme Regis the team suffered an 87-59 reversal with the solitary winners being Phil White, John Hill, David Harris, and Frank Bridge (26-11).
You may also want to watch:
There was also an 80-62 defeat at Ottery St. Mary where the single Axminster success came from Mo Brown, John Hill, Mike Preston, and Ann Clayton (18-17).
There was a close affair played out with visiting Chardstock who departed with a three-shot success at 61-58. The Axminster wins came from Pam Clark, Mary Preston, David Harris, and Ken Quick (20-3) and Joan Quick, Muriel Smith, Derek Pheby, and Tony Cable (20-17).
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Barbara Mowatt and David Harris were the individual winners of the Axminster ‘End-of Season Drive’ held last weekend when nearly thirty members enjoyed the final get-together of the 2013 outdoor season.