Axminster bowlers enjoy home wins over Honiton and Taunton
- Credit: Archant
Axminster bowlers enjoyed excellent victories in their two home mixed friendlies, but the men lost in their two County games, writes David Harries.
First we beat Honiton at home (69-56) with wins for Valerie Mellor, David Harris, and Nigel Bond (22-18), Philippa White, Bridget Hallowes, and Margaret Crompton (17-7), and Eve Cole, Mike Mellor, and Brian Clark (16-10).
Next up, a 64-41 win over Taunton Bowls Club with success for Morrison Brown, John Hill, and Bridget Hallowes (21-8), David Harris, Ann Burn, and Nigel Bond (15-7), and Philippa White, Margaret Brown, and Ann Clayton (15-10).
Alas the men were knocked out of the County Foxlands competition by the strong Madeira Club and also lost their Over-60s game at Phear Park.
Unfortunately, Dunkeswell were unable to raise a team for their Over-60s game with us.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend, 22 members enjoyed our Presidents Day with our lady president Lilian Lovatt treating us all to a splendid lunch prepared by ladies’ captain Ann Clayton.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone