Axminster bowlers enjoying success
- Credit: Archant
Axminster bowlers have enjoyed another period of comparative success albeit with all three victories coming at home, writes David Harris.
It all started with an excellent win in the men’s Devon Over-60s League against Crediton (50-10) with wins on both rinks; John Hill, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne (26-5) and, Howard Keep, David Harris, and Doug Looskan (24-5).
A visit to Feniton for another Over-60s league game ended in a 39-30 defeat, this despite an excellent win for John Ellis, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne (21-14).
In the mixed friendlies a visit from Bridport ended in a 116-45 success with wins for Pam Clark, Norman Copland, Ken Quick, and Bob Sherborne (41-5), Joan Quick, Barbara Mowatt, David Harris, and Ann Clayton (32-23), and Phil White, Margaret Brown, John Hill, and Brian Clark (30-7).
That was followed by a 78-50 victory over Nomads with wins for Pam Clark, Margaret Stancliffe and Brian Clark (28-7), Brad Hallowes, Ann Clayton, and Les Clark (21-11), and Brenda Edwards, David Harris, and Bridget Hallowes, (17-12).
You may also want to watch:
The next mixed friendly is a May 22 home meeting with Wrington that has a 2.30pm start time.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis